Connecticut Immigration Attorney Provides Comprehensive Counsel to Individuals, Families and Businesses
Guiding you through the complex immigration system toward a positive and fulfilling future
At the Law Offices of Douglas R. Penn, LLC, my focus is immigration law, a multifaceted area of practice that requires a high level of legal knowledge, the ability to understand and navigate the U.S. immigration system, and the desire to help people achieve their dreams. Whether you wish to apply for citizenship, need a visa to live or work in the United States, or seek help for a family member to live or work here, I provide comprehensive and personalized support: first, to ensure you fully understand the often-complicated immigration process and then to guide you through each step toward a favorable resolution. My work with the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) — including a term as Connecticut Chapter chair — and involvement with AILA’s national business immigration and advocacy committees is just one example of my commitment to my clients and the general cause of immigration rights.
Offering client-focused legal counsel for all types of immigration matters
With a practice focused on providing full-service immigration support throughout the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut tri-state area, I am able to counsel a wide range of clients on a variety of immigration law issues. The types of immigration matters I handle include:
- Family-sponsored immigration — Family-based immigration requires applicants to seek specific types of visas, such as marriage and family petitions, fiancée (K-1) visas and overseas spouse (K-3) visas. The many steps involved in processing family-based applications may include several interviews with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). I will guide you through each step and ensure you are prepared for the interviews.
- Employment-based immigration — Obtaining an immigrant visa for business reasons is a complicated process. I have significant experience helping employers and employees prepare and file the required applications and petitions:
- Program Electronic Review Management (PERM) applications
- Extraordinary ability petitions for foreign nationals
- Petitions for executives and managers
- Immigrant petitions for qualified religious workers
- Nonimmigrant visas — Nonimmigrant visas, also known as temporary work visas, are available for many types of workers, including special status for persons from certain countries, treaty traders and investors, intra-company transferees, extraordinary foreign nationals, and qualified religious workers.
No matter what type of immigration status you’re seeking, you can rely on my experience, resources, and dedication to help you live and work in the United States.
Contact a leading Connecticut immigration attorney for personalized legal support and staunch advocacy
Obtaining legal status to live or work in the United States may seem like a daunting task, but you don’t have to face the process alone. If you have questions about applying for or obtaining visas or wish to become a U.S. citizen, contact the Law Offices of Douglas R. Penn, LLC in Stamford by phone at 203-973-7483 or contact me online.