Nonimmigrant Visas

Connecticut Attorney Helps Secure Nonimmigrant Visas

Stamford lawyer represents those visiting the country for work or school

Each year hundreds of thousands of international visitors come to the United States as tourists, students, investors, trade partners, or guest workers. These individuals do not intend to immigrate, but still face bureaucratic challenges due to statutory limitations on the number of legal entrants from their home country and the amount of time they can legally stay in the United States. Law Offices of Douglas R. Penn LLC assists businesses and individuals hoping to facilitate visa applications for nonimmigrant visitors to the United States. I am available to help clients secure numerous types of nonimmigrant visas, including:

  • B-1 Business Visitors
  • E-1 Treaty Traders
  • E-2 Treaty Investors
  • F-1 Student Visas (and Practical Training)
  • H-1B Specialty Occupation Professionals
  • H-2B Essential Skill Workers
  • H-3 Trainees
  • I-1 Foreign Media Representatives
  • J-1 Exchange Visitors
  • K-1 Fiancés/Fiancées of U.S. Citizens
  • K-3 Spouses of U.S. Citizens
  • L-1 Intracompany Transferees
  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability Individuals
  • P-1 Athletes and Entertainers
  • P-2 Reciprocal Exchange Artists and Entertainers
  • P-3 Culturally Unique Artists and Entertainers
  • Q-1 Cultural Exchange Visitors
  • R-1 Religious Workers
  • TN USMCA (previously NAFTA) Professionals

I provide effective representation, allowing businesses to hire talented international employees, students to attend American universities, and important cultural exchanges to go forward.

F-1 OPT Visas allow students to extend their stay past graduation

The Optional Practical Training visa allows students who have completed their degree programs to stay in the United States to work in their fields for one year. An applicant must file no later than 60 days prior to graduation. Once I have helped the student obtained his F-1 OPT visa, he has 90 days to secure a job related to his degree field. I have also helped many F-1 OPT workers extend their stays further by petitioning for H1-B visas.

H-1B Visas allow professionals to work in the United States

One of the ways the United States tries to remain competitive in the global marketplace is by allowing talented professionals in specialty occupations to work here. Whether you are a recent graduate hoping to remain in the country, a domestic business looking to hire qualified foreign professionals, or a skilled foreign worker in a desired field of expertise, I can help with the documentation necessary to start your application and then guide you through the entire process.

Assistance for foreign companies expanding into the U.S.

Visas are available that encourage foreign companies to open subsidiaries and branches in the United States, and foreign entrepreneurs to initiate start-ups. I can facilitate your efforts to relocate your valued foreign personnel as you establish your company within U.S. borders.

Contact a Connecticut law firm for your nonimmigrant visa needs

Whatever your particular circumstances, Law Offices of Douglas R. Penn LLC can deliver reliable legal assistance with nonimmigrant visas. Call my Stamford office at 203-973-7483 or contact me online to schedule a consultation.